Inside Sales Trainee
Position Status: Available
Date Posted: March 13, 2023
The Inside Sales Trainee will work cooperatively with outside sales and other members of the distribution team to grow existing customers, to create new customers and meet or exceed monthly sales quotas at the appropriate gross margin while increasing customer satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn about the company product and industry knowledge to become an effective part of the sales team, articulating the competitive advantage
- Actively upsells customers on complimentary products beyond original order.
- Sell and promote in stock products – provide alternative suggestions to customers who request other products, and successfully converts initial customer requests to stock brands.
- Solves customer needs by recommending products or services that contribute to their level of satisfaction.
- Promotes current programs and sales.
- Follows-though on commitments (communications, bids, existing sales orders, etc.) made to customers.
- Meet and greet customers with service, respect, and knowledge.
- Confident and passionate about selling. Always closing and asking for the sale.
- Exhibits positive outlook, camaraderie, and passion for selling.
- Builds relationships – Learns the value of relationships and views building relationships as a critical success tool.
- Demonstrates proficiency with related computer systems and applications.
- Accurately follows procedures to ensure high quality output and takes action to correct quality problems.
- Organizes work time to maximize efficiency with a defined time management process.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Contribute to Team Success
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Knowledge of Industry – Plumbing, Heating, HVAC