Purchasing Assistant – Corporate Office
Location: Attleboro, MA
Date Posted: May 10, 2023
The Purchasing Assistant provides assistance and support to the Purchasing Director by ordering material efficiently and cost effectively, as well as manages purchase orders that come from the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in managing inventory by reviewing requirements, entering purchase orders and changing purchase orders as required.
- Determines the need for expediting, follows up on late orders, and monitors delivery. Taking corrective action as needed.
- Effectively communicate to the appropriate areas – price, contract durations, quantities, discounts, etc.
- Review and analyze financial reports as directed by
- Resolve discrepancies and process return, rejections, and
- Maintain a system of
- Represent Purchasing Department in meetings, projects and presentations.
- Approve vendor invoices for
- Manage projects and tasks as deemed necessary by the Director of Purchasing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional phone/email etiquette
- Self-motivated and possess the ability to complete tasks on-time with little supervisor
- General negotiation skills
- Intermediate analytical and mathematical skills
- Working knowledge of purchasing terminology and practices
- MS Office, knowledge of Eclipse software a plus