Location: CCDC-South Yarmouth, MA
Position Status: Available
Date Posted: November 18, 2022
**$500.00 SIGN ON BONUS ANOTHER $500.00 BONUS AFTER 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT**
The Warehouse Specialist position receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code
- File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Open bales, crates, and other containers.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Weigh and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Prepare parcels for mailing.
- Sweep, dust, and mop. Keep warehouse and work area organized and clean.
- Wear the proper safety equipment and follow safety guidelines.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Company paid Long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- And more
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Mathematical Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Contribute to Team success
- Time Management
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.